10 February 2011

Money Never Sleeps

Money may have no time for shut-eye, but I think a few people did in the 2010 movie of that title. Shame, really. The original (prequel, they call them) -- Oliver Stone's 1987 film Wall Street (click for a golden synopsis) -- was so great. A robot butler?! Brilliant.

If you're having a 1987 Gordon Gekko moment, take a crisp Yanky dollar bill (or iron a raggedy one a friend newly back from New York found in her purse) and fold (as below) ...

If you're having a Shia LaBeouf moment, take a time out. It may prevent you from becoming involved in more disastrous sequels to well-loved movies of the 1980s.

xo linds.

shirt, Cos; bow tie, US Treasury

2 comments:

Unknown said...

2 comments...
1)I am in complete agreement that Money never sleeps was appauling (I need my movie buddy back!) and
2)that dollar bill bow tie is AWESOME! I want one and want to know when you have the time to find these things!!

info.design.notes[at]gmail.com said...

thanks jj :) i have to fess up, jonny was the one who found this gem (he is in the throws of a bow tie obession). when he showed me the clip i _had_ to give it a shot! xoxo