20 February 2011

Lil bit disco

necklace, diy; lipstick in pink plaid, MAC; black body suit, Asos
I have often watched (with much admiration) my best friend rock a fabric-and-bead necklace c.1995 salvaged from her mum's collection. I love this idea to bits; so simple and fun. Here is my attempt.

I used a silver fabric with an open weave (lil bit disco) -- a block colour, tribal pattern or liberty print would also work brilliantly. The beads can be knotted inside the fabric tube (yep, it's as simple as a strip of fabric with a seam), or threaded through, or both.

xo linds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it love it love it! Geez that best friend of yours must have some serious style but I hear that her necklace was circa 1985 not 95...seriously vintage!

info.design.notes[at]gmail.com said...

she has some _serious_ style :) glad you like :) xo linds